Monday, May 08, 2006

A Dry-run of Wifely Duties and Living Together

First time I spent the weekend alone with my babe at his place. My biyenan asked me if I could keep Jher company since she'll be out until the 3rd week of May. So, it was our opportunity to practice playing house. (giggles) So, I just want to share my feelings and experience.

Jerome's Log, Pre-dry run Activities

  • Prepared DVD's for entertainment
  • Brought DC comics compilation of "Watchmen" series (to keep husband entertained while I do my take-home work)
  • Menu for the next three days & three nights

Jerome's Log, Day 1

  • Woke up with Jher the first person I laid eyes on. (parang Fido Dido ang hair pag bagong gising)
  • Jher prepared coffee and peanut butter sandwiches while I consumed my first cigarette for the day (with Jher glaring and giving me a homily about the dangers of smoking and benefits of quitting...yada-yada-yada...damn, dry run is NOT looking great)
  • Jher ironed my denim pants while I prepared to leave for a workshop that I have to facilitate that morning (nakabawi kasi pinag-plantsa ako...hahahaha!)
  • Before I left, I gave myself a last look on the mirror and Jher gave finishing touches on my crookedly tucked shirt, hanky in my pocket...and of course, a GOODBYE KISS (giggles, loving the dry-run naaaa!)
  • During the workshop, Babe kept reminding me of things that I need to buy while he cleaned the house and washed the clothes (so wifely!)...and of course, I have the occasional text messages: NAKARATING KA NA BA, BABE? and MUSTA ANG WORKSHOP and MISS YOU ALREADY...(kilig)
  • After the workshop, on my agenda were to look for a replacement part for the electric fan and go to the market to buy stuff for dinner. Both failed attempts (Jher, 3 points; Jerome, 0 points *pouts*) Pero binili ko sya ng merienda in fairness (Jher, 3 points; Jerome, 1 point)
  • 5:00 p.m., we went to the market and bought ingredients for dinner and some for the next day. I prepared a kick-ass "oh my gulay" menu of chow-chow (Jerome, 10-million pogi points!).
  • After a sensational dinner, we watched tv until 11:30. And then.....
  • Cheh! Ang dudumi ng isip. I told him my life story until 2:00 a.m. Did you know that he got to know of the details of my life just last Saturday? Tsktsktsk...
Jerome's Log, Day 2

  • Woke up with him by my side...(Hmmmm...I could get used to this)
  • He prepared breakfast while I took out the meat from the freezer to thaw (so wifely...of both of us...na-confuse na aketch. hahahaha!)
  • Now, I'm the captain coz its more of kitchen activities! Kaya sit down lang ang husband reading the DC comics while I prepared almondigas for lunch. Yum! (Jerome, 15,000 points!)
  • Watched CSI marathon...then siesta (enjoying it so far...)
  • Went to market to buy additional ingredients
  • Prepared Kenny Rogers-inspired dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, mashed potato, and fried chicken...(napa-yosi ang husband sa kabusugan kahit hindi nagyoyosi. hahahahaha!)
  • Watched HOSTAGE on Star Movies (na-tense kaming dalawa dun ha...)

Jerome's Log, Day 3 (today)

  • Babe woke me up at 5:30 a.m. (I had an early writeshop in Ortigas)
  • He prepared French toast and coffee...aaaawwww! Tsalap!
  • Left for work...armed with a goodbye kiss and a text message received 5-meters from his house saying: THANK YOU FOR SPENDING THE WEEKEND. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW... (susme, kinilig daw talaga ako)

ALL I CAN SAY is: now I know why people get married or decide to live together...hmmmm (thinks about the successful dry-run while drumming fingers)

13 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Korek ka diyan, kapatid. Hindi naman talaga perfect ang marriage pero iba pa rin talaga kapag secured kang kasama ang labopyorlyp di ba?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Being Jerome Daclison said...

lani - sinabi mo. pero nakakatuwa talagang ma-experience yung ganito. isa din sa mga realizations ko ay iba talaga pag magkasama na sa bahay.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont wori bridget, pag nagsama na talaga tayo magsasawa ka naman sa akin. hehehehe. mwah wabyu!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pwede mangdiether ocampo? hehehe. anyway, at kelan naman matitikman ng iniisa-isa ang almondigas na yan?

bong

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats the test of true and lasting love, when you are able to accept/ignore the little things about each other that can drive you nuts when done by those you don't love. si dh, ay nakow para akong may katabing tangke kapag natutulog...i used to complain, until i realized that i sometimes snore louder than he does! (would you imagine, bridget, nagising ako ng sariling snore ko!...nakakahiya!)ngayon when he goes on a business trip, i miss the snoring sound...minsan when he goes, i wont wash one of his shirts tapos ginagawa kong punda ng unan...i sleep using that pillow para feeling ko katabi ko sya..weird ba?

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay...marriage.
finding things you never thought you'll find and loving things you never thought you will.

patience...
patience...
patience...

sooner or later you won't need em since you end up doing things you swore you'll never do if you were your partner! like finding a twin u never had~

gudluck! :D

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alanya mang-inggit daw ba? naalala ko tuloy yung movie ni albert at ni eric dati .. kala ko hanggang movie lang yung ganong klaseng relationship, hanggang sa totoong buhay pala. Well good luck to both of u.....teka pwede nyo ba ko ampunin once u decide na magsama na? ..I'm gonna be a good dawter I'll promise lol!!! I'm lovin you both ......ay kaw lang pala mama bridget dyoray ever ni fafa jher e :)

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, how sweet. Unlike me and my ex-wife....

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Being Jerome Daclison said...

anna - not weird at all! siguro ito ang reason kaya na-coin ang "can't live with them, can't live without them"...di ba? ako, minsan i still get irritated with the things that i supposedly accepted about jher, hence, ayoko syang makita. pag wala naman siya, nami-miss ko yun. hay...ang pag-ibig nga naman...parang pubic hair...ang gulo! hahahaha! (about the snoring...naku, mgaba-blog ako about that)

jan - hi jan! tnx for dropping by. patience is gradually becoming a virtue of mine! hahahaha.

melai - hoy, bakla. sabi nga ni piolo, "ang buhay parang sine"...chos! hahahaha! alam mo ang secret of the trade ko? i treat our relationship like the "usual" boy-girl relationship without effort kaya siguro na-aabsorb ng mga tumitingin kaya wa na di care ang mga utaw sa amin.

snglguy - tnx and nyikes. "hell hath no fury for a husband scorned" (naks! kampi ako sa yo syempre, tol! hahaha)

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, di weird iyon. Sa pag-ibig lahat nagagawa (hehehe), di ba Bridget?

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jerome! na-confuse din ako, sino na nga ba ang wifey? hehe.

anna, that's not weird! i used to do the same thing! when i had to study in manila for more than a year, my bf (now husband)visited me, and i asked him to leave his shirt and i slept with it! i didn't wash if for about a week or two lang naman. hehe.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Toni said...

Awww that's so sweet! Hindi palaging ganyan sa buhay mag-asawa pero those sweet moments are what make the whole rollercoaster ride worth going for. :)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Cafevida said...

*aaaawwww* that's so sweet! pati ako kinilig. masarap talaga ang buhay asawa - there will be times when it won't be as wonderful, being with the person that you love makes it all worth while.

*huggies*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home