Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Death of Hate - (Or Hate in a Cryogenic State, At Least)

November 1, 2004 -- Another milestone in my life travels. This time, it is not about the beauty of the virgin beaches of Saranggani or the Sodom and Gomorrah of Manila called Malate. It is a journey towards inner peace and recognizing love as the alpha and omega.

The trouble with hatred is that it is like a virus that keeps on multiplying. As I said, what we sow is what we reap. When I was faced with the fact that the hatred rippled out, I said to myself: enough. Just like love, hate is a product of choice. Therefore, I chose not to hate. Instead, I made the braver choice to love and had to take back some of the things that I said. Before, I said that forgiveness is earned. But since I chose to love, forgiveness should be offered as a gift. Choosing to love is undeniably a nobility in itself. Therefore, we should give the gift of forgiveness with no conditions--just the fact that we choose to love. So, I did...and boy, it felt great...

Here's to the death of hate...well, at least hate placed in a cryogenic state. (Hehe! Let's be realistic...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home